Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who doesn't have an iPod?
Another major reason for Apple's recent successes is their dominance in the mp3 player industry. If my hometown is any indication of the rest of the nation, this is the closest thing I've seen to a monopoly since the board game. I can safely say I don't know anybody that does not own an iPod. Done. The ease of use and seamless interaction with iTunes makes it the obvious choice for my generations mp3 player needs. Then with the introduction of the iPhone, which also serves as an mp3 player in addition to a PDA and cell phone, the dominance continues. The future of the iPhone is advanced GPS capability. Many consumers use GPS sysptems like line one found here: http://garminnuvi750-natryan34.blogspot.com. Eventually this technology will yeild to advanced GPS integrated into their phones.

5 comments:

Jade said...

The ipod really has become an amazing phenomenon and it doesn't seem to be dying anytime soon. Not only does just about everyone have an ipod, but a lot of them have more than one (shuffle, nano etc.)

Your blog is very informative and I like the layout, it's very neat and easy to read because of the color scheme.

Alexandria said...

People are definitely ranting and raving about the perfection of apple. I like their impenetrable operating systems because viruses are ridiculous in this day and age.

I agree w/Jade, nice layout.

cchetek said...

I really like your layout. I think you did a great job. Your blog looks professional and credible. Nice images!

Unknown said...

Good point! Who doesn't have an ipod? I can't think of anyone under the age of 30.
GPS integration is definitely the future of Apple. Personally, I can't wait! Toting around a GPS system and Iphone is just not practical. Garmin and Apple should join forces to create the most efficient gadget in the techno world.

Puppy Fellowship said...

I actually have an iPhone! I had a Blackberry before, but it slept in the rain one night... Turns out it was cheaper to get a new iPhone (3G - woo!) than it was to get a new Blackberry Pearl. I really like the iPhone applications, but I miss the feature my Blackberry had that sent e-mails to me, as opposed to the iPhone, where I have to actually go retrieve my e-mails. I am curious to see the new Google phone stuff...

Great blog, Nick! Informative and clean.