Tuesday, September 30, 2008



The Ad War Begins
Apple launched an advertising campaign directly targeting PCs with the "I'm a Mac" and "I'm a PC" bits. Each were used to point out flaws in operating systems or hardware issues. After years of the abuse, Microsoft responded when they launched their own campaign during the 2008 season premier of NBC's The Office. The ads depict PC users of various professions and ethnicitys claiming "I'm a PC" and they seem to be proud of it. This is a direct response to the Apple ads in an effort avoid the stereotype the Apple ads have given them as a "nerdy" computer. This especially targets the college age consumer.

1 comment:

Janis Teruggi Page, Ph.D. said...

I actually think the new "I'm a PC" campaign is stupid. Couldn't they have come up with something unique, instead of borrowing Mac's theme? Oh, very nice blog, Nick!